SGT. FOSTER'S, LLC
Firearms Safety Training and Instruction
Matt Foster - Instructor
NRA BASIC PISTOL SHOOTING COURSE - CT Pistol Permit Class
Course Goal: To teach the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol safely. This is an 8 hour workshop that includes both classroom and range time learning to shoot revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. Students learn NRA's rules for safe gun handling; pistol parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest position; two handed standing positions; cleaning the pistol; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester / NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, final exam, and course completion certificate.
Other States that will recognize your CT permit: Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, & Wisconsin.
8 Hour workshop
Firearms, ammunition, targets, completion certificate
NRA Student Package
At SGT FOSTER'S, we take PRIDE in providing our customers with high quality, training workshops personalized for their unique needs. We understand students learn at different paces, therefore, we utilize TPI or Total Participant Involvement to ensure memory retention. Our staff members are professional, courteous and efficient.
Ladies ONLY - All Fun, NO pressure
This is the Basic Pistol Shooting Course as outlined above but designed for ladies who want the firearms experience without the "macho" attitude.
Advanced Basic Pistol Course
When you need to access your firearm in a real life situation, you want to be prepared for the unknown. The purpose of this class is to build on your basic firearm skills. It also introduces shooters to more advanced shooting techniques. Shooting is conducted in a controlled outdoor environment.
Advanced Basic Pistol will show:
• advanced techniques to increase accuracy
• point shooting (used by the military and law enforcement)
• how to access your firearm from a holster
• how to access your firearm when carrying concealed
• several movement techniques (side to side, backing up on an angle)
• one handed shooting
• weak handed shooting
The shooter will need:
• handgun with at least 3 magazines
• a holster that covers the trigger guard
• hearing and eye protection
• a long sleeved shirt or vest offering full concealment of firearm
• adequate foot wear (no sandals or flip flops)
• 600 rounds of ammunition (no steel core ammunition)
Self-Defense - Key Chain
A nationally Certified Self Defense workshop for men and women. Age 18 and up. Self-Defense key chains will be provided during training.
• 4 hour intensive workshop
• Learn Strategies, tactics and over 100 techniques - passive and aggressive
• Learn to protect yourself with a legal self-defense device
• Practical key chain you can carry with you at all times
• Effective striking points
• Learn to improvise weapons to stop aggressors
MACE Hot Pink Pepper Spray - Pocket
Pink just got hotter with Hot Pink Mace Defense Spray! The 10% pepper spray formula is one of our hottest (1.4% capsaicinoids concentration.) These pepper sprays contain oleoresin capsicum – a naturally occurring substance derived from cayenne peppers. The OC pepper formula creates an intense burning sensation to the skin, eyes and throat, and causes an attacker’s eyes to slam shut upon direct contact. Hot Pink Mace Defense Spray also contains an invisible UV dye, which marks the assailant and may aid in identification.
The Pocket Pepper Mace Spray is an ideal pepper spray to carry on your car keys or tuck into your jacket pocket or purse before going out.
COST: $16.95 (available in HOT Pink or Black)
Veterans ONLY Pricing - THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE
In honor of our service men and women, Veterans will recieve the NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course, as described above, at a significantly reduced rate. Military ID or DD214 will be required at registration. You may attend any regularly scheduled class.
Double click here to add text.
PRIVATE SHOOTING LESSON - "ON-TARGET"
"On Target" is private one-on-one shooting lesson with Sgt. Matt Foster. During this session, we will reinforce your safe handling skills, assist you in becoming more familiar with the firearm, and develop your accuracy while Sgt. Foster gets you "On-Target"!
- Range time and fees
- Gun use
- One-on-One Instruction
- Hearing and Eye protection
- Additional ammunition available for purchase
- Higher caliber ammunition (9mm, 40, and 45) surcharge applies
1/2 Hour "On Target" Lesson - 50 rounds of .22 cal ammunition
1 Hour "On Target" Lesson - 100 rounds of .22 cal ammunition